Tuesday, October 6, 2026

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING

Haiku String:


Till I'm sure I've got

the goal, I seldom show my

process for winning 


It upsets people

when I don't share the details 

cuz they want the tea


But my goals are not

gossip; they need protection

from outside dangers


Like a pregnancy 

the fetus is showered with

intentional care


Only folks who can

help mom have a successful 

birth are on the team


Gotta be careful 

who you give access to your

plans for happiness 


Don't be so hyped to 

tell folks where you're going; they

might not wish you well


People don't always

like to see you win when they're 

on the losing end


Their energy may

be suspect; monitoring

spirits bring envy


A snide remark here,

criticism there, now you

second-guess yourself 


Keep your cards close to

your heart, your mouth closed, and your

journey under wraps


Give them the play by

play after you succeed and

they can't steal your shine 


©2026 Charlene E. Green 


No comments: