Wednesday, April 9, 2014

NAPOWRIMO 3/30: SCHOLASTICS

I’m not here to play
you
are not a childhood schoolyard game
a recess pastime
for kicks

and

this is not 5th grade
I’m grown-woman status

I
graduated from puppy love
my pursuit is
doctorate
in your program
amass all facts
produce flawless dissertation
stay fully apprised
of your prerequisites

say nothing
I’ll know you
like my undisclosed next move
test me, love
I will ace you
closed-book

my hand
blanketing your heart
every night
while you sleep
thumping your history
your destiny 
into my grasp
where I’ll palm-read you
daily
across the grooves
of my lifelines
will be all the answers
I’ll need
to slide summa cum laude
effortlessly

into your soul


Copyright 2014
Charlene E. Green
From my upcoming book You Betta WRITE!









No comments: