Tuesday, April 1, 2014

NAPOWRIMO 1/30: SORRY

I will not apologize
for doin' me
tendin' to my business
havin' my own back
at a moment's notice
no regard for whether you
like
understand
approve
or not

won't feel "some kinda way"
cuz you're uncomfortable
with the pace of my life
the depth and length
of my challenges
my perceptions
how I embrace
what's on my plate

this
is my meal
and I'll season it
how I damn well please
it's supposed to be
to my liking
not
yours

if I feel I can benefit
from some of your flavoring
then I'll ask
for two shakes
but rest assured
I'll be monitoring them
to make sure
you only throw in two
cuz
I know how you can be
give you the chance
to spice things up
and start "accidentally"
tossin' in extra dashes
of all the substances
that upset my stomach
you know
the usual suspects:
judgment
sarcasm
ridicule
and dismissal
when what I invited
you to add
were
wisdom
and encouragement

two
shakes

but since you sometimes
don't know how to act
and forget who's head chef
in my world
then please believe
I won't be sorry
when I shut you down
mid-sprinkle
and tell you
the kitchen
is closed


Copyright 2014
Charlene E. Green

No comments: