Saturday, July 12, 2014

READY OR NOT

Staying ready for the opportunities you desire, even when it looks like nothing is happening, sends a message of anticipation and seriousness to the universe, which is the prerequisite for the opening of doors. You don't get ready when folks come knocking; you prep daily so when they do knock, you can calmly answer with all your ducks in a row. Don't be fooled by the silence ... it's only a test. Are you  prepping among the quiet of your dreams' unfolding? If you're not, and you're sitting around whining, waiting idly, and being mad about others getting theirs, then you're not serious. Can the silence be frustrating? Sure. But will it keep you from moving forward? You decide ...

Ever since my book deal with Kensington Publishing, for my novel One Man's Treasure, snuck up on me back in 2008, and I was ready, cuz I anticipated it, I got to see first hand how fly it is to keep pushing through the silence, even when you have no clue when your dream(s) will be realized. When my agent called me in December 2007 with the news of possibly being picked up, she asked me if I could get my manuscript to her in two days. I had that mug in her inbox that same day, thankyouverymuch. I was so grateful that I had enough faith in my dream to stay ready, and it was then that I vowed to continue along that path, in whatever new endeavors I took on. 


No matter what the situation looks like or how challenging it is to muddle through the unknown, I prep every day for my dreams in some way, even if it's just making a small change to my web site or spending time thinking about what to write next. There's not a day that goes by that my brain and body aren't in mission mode. I know how this works. And I refuse to get caught with the deer-in-headlights look on my face when opportunities show up. If I've got my eye on it, I'm working on it.

And by the way, they offered me a 2-book deal, and I was ready for the second book cuz I was only 4 chapters away from finishing the sequel to One Man's Treasure, And They'll Come Home. HA!

Good day, Dreamers!


©2014 Charlene E. Green

No comments: