Tuesday, October 29, 2013

COVERED


The day will come when I'll be able
to wrap myself around you so often
that I'll be like your second skin.

Feel free to use me as backup
if you're ever uncomfortable in your own.

I'll be the sheath you wear
to heal your wounds
my warmth will melt
tension from your nerves
protect your inner beauty
from the coldness of life
you need this kinda love.

My hold on you
will be gentle 
supple only to your touch
but let 'em try to test you
attempt to break through me
to shred your spirit
earthquake your manhood
separate you
from the knowledge of your worth
and I'll grow defensive
harden like tortoise shell
tighten my grip
be as thick as skin comes
chameleon you
so they can't see you
matrix through their war zone
I'm every texture there is
for every battle in your path
tell me which one you need
customize me for your exterior:
sandpaper coarse
to smooth their disrespectful tones
gravel jagged
to trip 'em up
when they try to walk all over you
leather tough
so their knives can't pierce
your back when they stab you in it
rose-thorn sharp
to bleed 'em of their gall.

No matter how many
got you hemmed up
I got you surrounded
I'm like a bubble umbrella
when they try to rain on your glory
my barrier is wide
too expansive for their tricks
go 'head and Two-Step through that storm
show 'em how you move
when I'm on
smile cuz you know
I change with the conditions
see 'em before they hit
stay resilient through 'em all.

So save your strength
use it to focus on
manifesting your greatness
I have enough brawn
for both of us
enough warrior in my cells
to repel the offenders.

I got you covered
all your parts
permission granted
to wear me
however you need
to conquer your journey.

©2013 Charlene E. Green
 
Thanks for reading! Please continue to support my work by viewing my tour campaign, contributing to my cause, and sharing the campaign link with your networks! https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/ecUob/ab/0255N5  Thank you in advance!







No comments: